+358 400-225 240
Mon - Sun 10 - 16
The Levi Lapp Village is located in the historically important village of Lonnakko, on it’s oldest property, Harjula which has been settled for ages. The oldest surviving building is the “Savupirtti” which was built sometime during the 1700’s. Unfortunately we don’t know anything about this building except the name “Haikarashamaani”. Matti Harju and his wife Sofia built a house onto the property in 1843. The house was composed of two main rooms and two bedrooms which were entered via a cold porch. Matti and Sofia’s son Aapeli kept up the house, but then sold it to his brother Johan. Johan had earned his money on Norway’s seas and he also made money with bone glue and tar. Later on, his sons, Eemeli and Augusti divided the land and the house between them. The house was divided into two in 1928, but Augusti ended up burning his side of the house and lost his lands. Eemeli married the neighbor’s daughter Kristiina and they had one child, Kirsti. Kirsti’s son Jukka and his wife Erja have been running their tourist service business here since 1996. Their children are the sixth generation, and who knows, perhaps they too will continue and develop the family business on this property.